Skip to main content

WHEN IT COMES TO KILLING GERMS, LISTERINE ZERO® MOUTHWASH GETS NEARLY A 100% SCORE.

WHEN IT COMES TO KILLING GERMS, LISTERINE ZERO® MOUTHWASH GETS NEARLY A 100% SCORE.

A mouthrinse option for patients who want no alcohol, without sacrificing quality.

100% ALCOHOL-FREE. 99.9% EFFECTIVE IN BAD BREATH GERM KILL.1

As an established dental healthcare professional, you probably already know well that adding an essential oil-containing mouthrinse, such as LISTERINE® Antiseptic, to your patients’ daily oral hygiene regimen is crucial to their oral care. But what about your patients that prefer a non-alcohol–based mouthrinse?

At the LISTERINE® Brand, we have a broad range of solutions for specific patient needs. And that means you can provide them with an option that leaves out the alcohol, without compromising its ability to kill germs: LISTERINE ZERO®.

Your patients will appreciate its less intense flavor profile. But more importantly, you’ll appreciate that—like LISTERINE® Antiseptic—it kills millions of germs that cause bad breath on contact, for a fresher, cleaner mouth.

In fact, while brushing leaves bacteria behind, LISTERINE ZERO® is the alcohol-free mouthwash proven to kill 99.9% of bad breath germs1—making it an essential step in your patients’ daily oral care regimen.

BRUSHING and FLOSSING cover only 25% of the mouth. Adding LISTERINE ZERO® covers the other 75% of the mouth…for a virtually 100% WHOLE-MOUTH CLEAN.2

The proof behind the germ-killing power.

Don’t just take our word for it. LISTERINE ZERO® is clinically proven to be effective.

An IRB-approved, single-use, randomized study was performed to determine whether LISTERINE ZERO® mouthrinse reduces the number of total and volatile sulfur compound (VSC) microorganisms after a single use. The study was observer-blind and supervised, and assessed the germ kill of LISTERINE ZERO® against a brushing control.

The results showed that rinsing with LISTERINE ZERO® Mouthwash reduced bad breath germs by >99.9% and VSC-producing organisms by >99.9% vs baseline. The brush group reduced total microorganisms by 65.3% and VSC-producing organisms by 93% vs baseline.1

The conclusion? LISTERINE ZERO® Mouthwash, when used as an adjunct to brushing, kills >99% of total and VSC microorganisms.1

When you add this to the fact that LISTERINE ZERO® is an alcohol-free mouthrinse that comes from the trusted makers of LISTERINE®, you know you can feel the utmost in confidence when recommending it to your patients as part of their daily oral care routine.

At the LISTERINE® Brand, our oral care products are carefully formulated and designed to meet the varying oral care needs and preferences of virtually all of your patients. LISTERINE ZERO® Mouthwash is just one example of this commitment.

We hope you found this article of value.

Discover which alcohol-free LISTERINE® products you should consider recommending to your patients.

Members are entitled to special offers and pricing on LISTERINE® products for their office.

LISTERINE ZERO® Footnotes

References: 1. Ilg D, Junker L, McGuire JA, Mordas CJ, Queiroz D, Ricci-Nittel D, Charles C. In vivo efficacy of an alcohol-free essential oil containing mouthrinse. J Dent Hyg. 2012;86(1):51. 2. Kerr WJS, Kelly J, Geddes DAM. The areas of various surfaces in the human mouth from nine years to adulthood. J Dent Res. 1991;70:1528-1530.